Ever since “selfie” became a real world, it also became official: we all need good selfies. It’s true, selfies are not just for Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner, they are also for “regular” people all around the world who want to show others how they look. Well, actually, selfies are there to sugarcoat the reality a little bit. You know, if we would take photos of ourselves after working out or when we are extremely grumpy, we would never look good on the photos! That’s why we made a list of 15 tips and tricks that will help your selfies look like Kim Kardashian taught you how to use the camera. Ready, set, click!
1. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Even selfie queens like Kim Kardashian make funny faces from time to time. The truth is, you have to do something different, or else people will get bored. Have in mind that there are millions and millions of people all over the world who are trying to take sexy selfies, and sometimes the best thing to do in order to stand out is to be goofy! And sometimes, funny face is the best face!
2. This is one of the best selfie tricks and it’s easy, too! The point is, you should hold the camera above your head. This angle will give your selfies a special, artsy feel, plus, you will be able to show off your outfit. They didn’t invent the selfie stick just because people wanted to take group photos with a lot of people! Oh, no! The selfie stick is one of the best tools for obtaining this fantastic angle.
3. Thanks to Instagram, we can all be professionals! Instagram gave us so many wonderful options when it comes to filters, and let’s be honest, filters really influence the quality of our selfies. But sometimes, we can stick to one, favorite filter for too long, and that’s not good. So, in order to mix things up a little bit, be sure to switch up filters from time to time. Go for a black and white filter or choose a more retro look!
4. There are two ways to take a selfie: you can hold the camera with one or with two hands. Generally, when you are using two hands, holding the camera with one hand and pushing the shutter release button with the other is much easier and you have better control. Also, if you use both hands and pull the camera away from the body, your arms can be a frame. However, be careful not to cover up the lens.
5. Experiment with your head and shoulders. Tilt your head to the left and then to the right, just to find your best look. For the most of us, one side is always more attractive than the other. Also, there are some days when we look better with our heads tilted to the right, and sometimes the left side is better. There is no rule or logical explanation for this. There are only universal laws of taking a good selfie.
Just stand in the light. Beautiful lighting can make your selfie so much better, so try to pose near a window or outside. Have in mind that good lighting is crucial for a gorgeous selfie. The best way to do this is to hold the phone in front of your face and turn on the camera, so you can actually see yourself. Then, turn 90 degrees and make note of the lighting. Turn 90 degrees again, and keep turning until you are back where you started. This way, you will definitely find the perfect lighting for your selfie.
7. Accessorize. Accessorize. Accessorize. Always try something new. Wear a hat, or buy a wig or just wear your new sunglasses. Trust us, people will notice that something is different about you because we always look better when we feel good about ourselves, and we usually feel good about ourselves when we buy something new! That being said, accessorizes are your best friends on selfies.
8. Is Chrissy Teigen wearing makeup? No. Is her hair flawless? No. Is she wearing the most perfect gown? Oh, no. Then why does she looks so sweet in this selfie? Obviously, Chrissy is very beautiful, but her dog is one of the best things that happened to this selfie! It’s true! Dogs and other pets make our selfies more interesting and they keep people’s attention from wandering off to (the lack of) the hairdo.
9. Take a full body selfie! And don’t worry if you don’t have a body (or a bathroom) like Kylie Jenner and other celebrities! Be proud of your body and make everyone see that. The thing is, full-length mirrors work perfectly for this kind of selfie. You can angle your body a bit to the left or all the way to the right, which is always a better idea than just shooting straight on. Be free to experiment with your selfies and your body!
10. You can always perfect your selfie with photo apps! You probably already know that there are literally tons of cool apps you can use to make your selfies look better. One of them is Photo Wonder, the all-in-one editing app that will help you remove blemishes, whiten your teeth and generally make your photos look better. And don’t worry, all celebs do this, so why wouldn’t you?
11. Find your signature pose! The signature pose should be the one where you feel the best. This is your favorite pose you worked so hard on. Sure, you shouldn’t exploit it too much or else people will be fed up with your pouting or that long hair falling on the one side of your face, but you should always have a signature pose so you can return to it once you don’t feel very photogenic or- when you’re just too tired to improvise.
12. As we already mentioned, you need good lighting in order to have a gorgeous selfie. However, sometimes the best lighting is not always available, and there is something else you can do in these situations: just swipe highlighter on your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead, and your skin will glow as if you are standing in the middle of the garden with the best natural lighting in the whole world!
13. Wear your favorite lipstick. You have probably noticed that wearing a lipstick makes you feel special. Well, that’s because you look special, too! Wearing your favorite bold lipstick will make you look very cool and elegant at the same time. Also, you want to have that “kissy face” on your selfies, so that’s another good reason to wear your favorite lipstick! This old trick will definitely take your selfie game to the next level.
14. And with Kim, we present you one of the best tricks for taking the perfect selfie- the crop option. Sometimes, the background will be too busy or distracting, and in those situations, we need to bring the focus back to our faces. You can solve this problem by cropping in tight on your face. Let’s be honest, there is no better way to make people focus on you, and if Kim cropped her own baby out of the photo, we believe you can do it too.
15. Haven’t you heard about the shoe selfie? So stop obsessing so much about your face and let the feet do the talking for once. Sure, when someone says selfie, we always think of the face first. But, the selfie is any photo taken by you, right? So you might as well take a photo of your fabulous new shoes, and trust us, people will favorite your photo just as much as they do when you take a photo of your face!